Sponsorship & Donations

To request a sponsor form please email comeonthecoo@yahoo.co.uk
To make a donation please go to http://www.justgiving.com/comeonthecoo

Remember all expenses are being met by Allan and Gordon so 100% of your money raised will go to Cash for Kids

Tuesday 24 March 2009

Thanks to Dave on ebay


Ok so we decided that to take the risk on the half filling the tank was not a good idea off in search of a 1995 Jeep Cherokee 2.5 turbo diesel getting broken for parts. First port of call was the local scrappy which was fruitless, then onto ebay. I found 4 there and emailed a message to all of them asking for the sender unit and what the cost would be, and yes I did include a link to this site in the hope of getting a bit of discount. I got a reply almost immediatly offering me one including postage for £25, I called and spoke to the guy and he was going to remove and post it on Wednesday for us, superb! Imagine my surprise when I recieved a message from Dave (dalboy1000 on ebay) saying well here you read it :


From User:
dalboy1000 (226)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since 01-Jun-04 in United Kingdom
Location: Lancashire, United Kingdom
Activity with dalboy1000 (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from dalboy1000Activity with dalboy1000 (last 90 days): dalboy1000 has bid on 0 of my items

Dear ****** , hi, am i right in thinking you are driving this jeep to spain to raise cash for kids,if this is te case i will post it to you for £0, give me a ring on 0781737****, cheers, dave

- dalboy1000
Click Reply in your email or reply using eBay's messaging system


How about that then!!! (The stars are so you don't get our personal info ok)


So I phoned him and he is even goinng to get it a bit earlier for me so I can get it to the college in time before they break for easter holidays. This is the spirit of help Cash for Kids can generate, thanks again Dave really appreciate it.

Oh and yes I phoned the other guy and he was fine with it as he hadn't started to remove the part.

3 comments:

  1. I made it to Bonita; did you make it to Barcelona?

    Cheers!
    Pam and Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    No this rally is happening in May, so still time to donate to me if you wish. Read from the bottom to the top of the blog for the full story. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gordan and Allen

    I love the way the you decorated the car.

    Did you make it to Barcelona yet?

    Cheers!
    Pam from Naples, FL

    ReplyDelete